First Year academic advising is integral to the success of every student who enters Notre Dame:
- Your First Year Advisor will work closely with you to ensure that you have a coherent educational plan for your four years at the University and that you are prepared to be a contributing member of our academic community. Your advisor will help you define your aspirations and values and learn how to use your skills and abilities to achieve them.
- The University’s requirements can be complex, and your advisor will be your support and guide as you take on the responsibility of meeting them.
- We have a wealth of resources and information that will help you achieve your goals; your advisor will help you find what you need.
- A liberal education is the core of your four years at Notre Dame; your advisor will help you cultivate the intellectual habits that lead to a lifetime of learning.
- Notre Dame calls upon every student to engage with the world of ideas and the world of human affairs. Your advisor can connect you with opportunities to do both.
A good working partnership with your First Year Advisor will be a key factor in making the most of your first year at Notre Dame. Get off to the right start in this critical relationship by getting to know a little more about your advisor.